Jögga

Champion

• Administratörer
  • 4 832 Inlägg:
  • LocationMilkyway

Postad 29 juli 2008 - 21:38

Från GPMA till FOTA

Teams set up body to work on new F1 deal

Formula One teams have agreed to set up a new association that will work with the FIA and Formula One Management to come up with a new Concorde Agreement.

Representatives from all teams, as well as Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone and CVC's managing partner Donald McKenzie met today at Ferrari's headquarters in Maranello to discuss the future of the sport.

Ferrari said in a statement on Tuesday afternoon that the meeting had been "extremely constructive".

The Italian squad also revealed all F1 squads agreed to set up the new Formula One Teams Association, a body that will work on finalising the commercial conditions and rules of the new Concorde Agreement.

"All the Formula One teams met today in Maranello and held an extremely constructive meeting, in the presence of Bernie Ecclestone and Donald McKenzie," said Ferrari in a statement.

"The teams have subsequently agreed unanimously that they will establish the new Formula One Teams Association to work with the FIA and FOM to agree upon regulations and commercial conditions which will provide a framework for a strong and dynamic sport."

Källa: Autosport http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/69513

#2 Razor

Razor

The cutting edge

• Administratörer
  • 2 162 Inlägg:
  • LocationHalfway to nowhere

Postad 30 juli 2008 - 09:05

Super Aguris fabrik i Leafield har sålts till det tyska företaget Formtech GmbH från Niederwinkling i Niederbayern.
Företaget designar och tillverkar verktyg för användning inom bl a motorsport.

#3 Jögga

Jögga

Champion

• Administratörer
  • 4 832 Inlägg:
  • LocationMilkyway

Postad 30 juli 2008 - 20:45

Flavio hintar att "andra stall" inte följer andemeningen i det frysta motorreglementet.

Engine freeze loopholes frustrate Briatore
Flavio Briatore has expressed frustration with how some of Renault's Formula One rivals have handled the current so-called 'freeze' on engine development.

The Renault boss told Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport on Tuesday that the French team conformed with both the spirit and the letter of the rules to halt costly development of the current 2.4 litre V8 engines for several years.

"We were done in," he said.

"Others took another course and are far ahead of us now," Briatore insisted.

It is not clear which teams Briatore is referring to, but earlier this year we reported that a leading outfit may have found a way to creep ahead in the horse power department by requesting changes to its engine on the grounds of improving reliability.

"No-one complained about it," an unnamed engineer told the German magazine Auto Motor und Sport, "for fear that they might also genuinely need to do the modification."

It is interesting that Briatore's comments come just days after it emerged that the FIA is now to begin a process of randomly and thoroughly inspecting the manufacturers' 2008-specification engines.

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Källa: F1-Live

#4 Razor

Razor

The cutting edge

• Administratörer
  • 2 162 Inlägg:

Postad 01 augusti 2008 - 11:48

I onsdags förmiddag hittades William Millar, som jobbade på Renaults utvecklingsavdelning, död.
Vare sig Renault eller den lokala polisen har sagt något om dödsorsaken men media har spekulerat i att det förekom skottlossning.
Tyska Auto Motor & Sport skriver idag att det Millar begick självmord m hj a något skjutvapen.

#5 Axelsson

Axelsson

Cut & Paste

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 223 Inlägg:
  • LocationBergslagens Pärla

Postad 11 augusti 2008 - 21:34

(Stor portion humor.) Men visst fan är Adrian Sutil lite bögig av sig. Kanske den första bögen i F1.? :|

Sutil - I don't want a girlfriend,
''I want to concentrate completely on my job''

Adrian Sutil, the 25-year-old race driver for Force India, says he has chosen to not have a girlfriend during the early phase of his Formula One career.

The German, who made his debut for the outfit's previous incarnation Spyker in 2007, wrote in a column for Formule 1 Race Report that - in frequenting the paddock as a Grand Prix star - it would not be difficult to end his spell as a bachelor.

"Is it easier to get girls if you race in F1? The simple answer is 'yes'. But I don't have a girlfriend at the moment," he admitted.

In contrast, Sutil's closest friend among his F1 rivals, Lewis Hamilton, is a regular in the gossip pages in his native Britain.

Sutil said: "I want to concentrate completely on my job, because I'm at a phase of my career when a relationship, particularly at the beginning, would be too distracting."

Sutil, a talented concert pianist himself, is accompanied to Grand Prix by his Uruguayan father Jorge, who was a professional musician

#6 Razor

Razor

The cutting edge

• Administratörer
  • 2 162 Inlägg:

Postad 11 augusti 2008 - 22:08

Kanske den första bögen i F1.?

Nej.

#7 Axelsson

Axelsson

Cut & Paste

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 223 Inlägg:

Postad 11 augusti 2008 - 22:14

Åfan. Vem eller vilka.?

Edit. Kollade lite själv och det enda jag kunde hitta är Mike Beuttler.

#8 Axelsson

Axelsson

Cut & Paste

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 223 Inlägg:

Postad 13 augusti 2008 - 16:06

Renault pay tribute to aerodynamicist Toso

Renault have confirmed that the team’s former director of aerodynamics, Dino Toso, lost his battle with illness on Wednesday morning and passed away peacefully at his home, aged 39.

“Dino was instrumental in building one of the sport's most successful aerodynamics departments, which helped the Renault F1 team win double drivers' and constructors' titles in 2005 and 2006,” said the team in a statement.

“His contribution to the team, both through his results and his courage in the face of illness, are an inspiration. He will be missed enormously and the immediate thoughts of the whole team are with his family.”

The Italian’s racing career began with BMW's GT programme in 1995, before a move into Formula One with Jordan in 1997. He joined Renault in 2000, reuniting with former Jordan colleague Mike Gascoyne, and became chief aerodynamicist in 2003.

He left Renault in June, after eight years at the team, with the intention of seeking new challenges in motorsport.

LÄNK

#9 Axelsson

Axelsson

Cut & Paste

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 223 Inlägg:

Postad 18 augusti 2008 - 16:55

25 HP låter väldigt mycket.

Power advantage
McLaren Mercedes lead the way

McLaren's 2008 car is now benefiting from the superior performance of its Mercedes-Benz engine, according to the German magazine Auto Motor und Sport.

The report claims that recent chassis improvements, including the Honda and BMW Sauber-like nose wings that debuted in Hungary, are allowing the car to perform more efficiently through the air.

Rival teams believe Mercedes' V8 engine is producing about 25 horsepower more than any other 2.4 litre unit on the grid.

"If those numbers are right, then an advantage of 25 horsepower with the same air resistance brings a benefit of four-tenths (per lap)," BMW's technical chief Willy Rampf commented.

McLaren's MP4-23 has won the last three Grand Prix.

LÄNK

#10 Axelsson

Axelsson

Cut & Paste

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 223 Inlägg:

Postad 18 augusti 2008 - 18:35

Hamilton blev rånad.

Hamilton robbed in Spain

Lewis Hamilton was robbed outside a Spanish hotel this past weekend as himself and his girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger checked out.

The duo, who were in town while Scherzinger performed a concert in the city, left the five-star Malaga Palacio hotel on Sunday.

As they checked out, though, two men snatched a rucksack and a leather holdall containing an iPod from the boot of the couple's Mercedes, forcing their bodyguards to give chase.

However, an onlooker told The People that "the thieves dropped the rucksack but got away."

Rånarlänken

#11 Jögga

Jögga

Champion

• Administratörer
  • 4 832 Inlägg:
  • LocationMilkyway

Postad 18 augusti 2008 - 20:18

25 HP låter väldigt mycket.

LÄNK

Stämmer det så är det inte förvånande att dom kör skjortan av resten, men frågan är hur dom nått den effekten.
Fruset reglemente borde ju innebära att Mercan håller lika många hästar nu som för ett år sedan, och isåfall är det märkligare att dom inte
dominerat säsongen mer. Kanske det ligger nåt i vad Flavio påstod för nån månad sedan om kryphål i motorreglementet.

#12 Psycho Dave

Psycho Dave

Backmarker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 Inlägg:

Postad 18 augusti 2008 - 20:33

Vi vet ju alla vilka som tillverkar motorstyrsystemet ;)

#13 Axelsson

Axelsson

Cut & Paste

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 223 Inlägg:

Postad 21 augusti 2008 - 09:35

McLaren's J-damper secret now exposed
Penske snap up inerter damper licence

So-called 'J-dampers' are set to become commonplace on formula one cars, as the intriguing history of the previously secret technology is revealed.

We recently reported that Renault delayed debuting similar technology earlier this year because of the spy scandal surrounding engineer Phil Mackereth's defection from McLaren.

In the World Motor Sport Council hearings before Christmas, it was revealed that among Mackereth's McLaren drawings was a device referred to as a 'J-damper'.

"What's a J-damper?" Renault engineering chief Pat Symonds replied memorably to the press at Montreal in June.

Symonds' answer may have been disingenuous, but it subsequently emerged that Force India recently started using on its 2008 car what boss Mike Gascoyne referred to as an 'inerter damper'.

'J-damper' was simply a codename developed by McLaren and the technology's inventor to put their rivals off the scent of what the device actually did.

McLaren has been using the inerter damper since 2005 - a year before Renault's mass damper system was banned.

It has emerged that, three years ago, McLaren penned an exclusive confidentiality agreement with the famous Cambridge University, the scene of the J-damper's birth and the owner of its patent.

Business Weekly reports that, with the McLaren agreement now lapsed, Cambridge has licensed the J-damper to the leading damper company and F1 supplier Penske Racing Shocks, thus allowing any other team to deploy the device.

Penske Racing Shocks' Technical Director Jim Arentz said: "We are confident that the ingenuity of Cambridge now combined with Penske... will promote greater

LÄNK

#14 Axelsson

Axelsson

Cut & Paste

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 223 Inlägg:

Postad 21 augusti 2008 - 22:19

Inte billigt att komma försent 2 min. ;)

Lewis Hamilton on Thursday was fined 5000 euros for arriving two minutes late for the FIA press conference at Valencia.

The inaugural European grand prix in the eastern port city could be a sombre affair, after the Spanish government on Thursday three consecutive days of nationwide mourning in the wake of the Madrid air crash.

Flags at the urban street circuit were flying at half-mast in deference to the 153 dead, including 22 children.

-

Heikki Kovalainen told reporters he hopes he does not have to support his McLaren teammate and championship leader Hamilton's title quest over the final seven races of 2008.

"Certainly I'm not planning to help him," the Finn, who won three weeks ago in Budapest but is 24 points behind, said at Valencia. "If I have a chance to win another race then I will go for it."

-

Rubens Barrichello confirmed that Honda is in talks with former double world champion Fernando Alonso about 2009. "I think the team is definitely talking to Fernando but that's the question mark," said the Brazilian, the most experienced driver in F1 history whose contract expires at the end of the season.

"The conversations are there and I am talking to the team, I am talking to all the teams. I want to be racing," he added.

-

Jarno Trulli, who has been with Toyota since the end of 2004, admitted that he is likely to stay at the Japanese team next year. "We have a contract in place, so we believe we can stay together," the Italian said.

LÄNK

#15 Axelsson

Axelsson

Cut & Paste

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 223 Inlägg:

Postad 26 augusti 2008 - 09:24

Drivers concerned about Singapore night race - Trulli

According to Jarno Trulli, the Grand Prix Drivers' Association (GPDA) is concerned about the first ever night race at Singapore. The night GP takes place without pre-race testing under floodlights and the the timetable for the Singapore race affords little evening practice for the drivers.

Toyota's Jarno Trulli declared in the Valencia paddock: "We are a little bit concerned. We go there, we haven't tested, we don't have any idea. It's going to be a night race, it's going to be the rainy season, so it's not exactly what you really want from a safety point of view. It doesn't look comfortable so far."

#16 haxpet

haxpet

Backmarker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 Inlägg:

Postad 26 augusti 2008 - 11:50

Ferrari tror att det var exakt samma fel på Kimis motor som small i Valencia som det var på Massas motor som small i Ungern.

#17 Jögga

Jögga

Champion

• Administratörer
  • 4 832 Inlägg:
  • LocationMilkyway

Postad 26 augusti 2008 - 18:21

Drivers concerned about Singapore night race - Trulli

Men det där har dom väl harvat ett antal vändor redan, eller?

#18 Jögga

Jögga

Champion

• Administratörer
  • 4 832 Inlägg:
  • LocationMilkyway

Postad 29 augusti 2008 - 07:46

Phil Hill har avlidit.

American racing legend Phil Hill has died
Motor racing legend and the only American-born Formula One world champion Phil Hill has died tonight in a California hospital due to complications from Parkinson's disease. He was 81 years old.

Phil Hill won the world championship driving for Ferrari in 1961, becoming the first American to do so, later to be followed only by Mario Andretti. But Hill remains to date the only native-born American to win the title.
"It's a sad day," Carroll Shelby, a close friend of Hill's, told the LA Times. "Phil was an excellent race car driver with a unique feel for the car, and his real expertise was in long-distance racing."

Hill was born in Miami, Florida, on April 20th 1927. His family soon moved to Santa Monica, California, and the state would become his American home for most of his life.

He studied business administration in university, but never finished his degree, getting drawn into the world of motor racing initially as a mechanic.

In 1958, he made his debut with Ferrari in Formula One, also taking his first Le Mans win - also in a Ferrari.

Of his 48 Grand Prix starts in F1, Hill won three. He also had an illustrious career in endurance racing, having won the Le Mans 24 Hours also three times. He retired from active racing in 1967. Hill was inducted into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame in 1991.

Phil Hill wins the 1960 Italian GP for FerrariAfter hanging up his helmet, Hill continued his involvement in the motor racing world through long-running work for Road & Track magazine, and as tour host with Grand Prix Tours. He continued going to Formula One races several times a year and was a regular and much loved face in the paddock.

He was a great story-teller, always a gentleman, and much admired and respected in the motor racing world. He is survived by his wife Alma, son Derek, daughters Vanessa and Jennifer, and four grandchildren.

He will be missed.

Made in America 1
Made in America 2

#19 Ola

Ola

• Moderatorer
  • 1 257 Inlägg:

Postad 29 augusti 2008 - 08:45

Tråkigt, en av dom stora inom motorsport för mig iaf

#20 Macke T

Macke T

Midfielder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 Inlägg:
  • LocationEPA´s Torg

Postad 29 augusti 2008 - 12:43

Han överlevde racingen iaf, och dog på ålderns höst till skillnad mot många av sina förarkollegor.
Respekt :up: